Queensland - Access Training for Decision Makers | Module 1
Are you a Queensland Public Service Officer? Do you or your staff need online training regarding information rules which are generally applicable to all Public Service Employees that require, permit, and prohibit disclosure of information?
The Office of the Information Commissioner (Queensland) has contracted with e3Learning Solutions to offer online training to anyone interested in learning more about information rights and responsibilities in Queensland.
The training course:
- is free of charge;
- is suitable for all government agencies with responsibilities under the Right to Information Act (RTI Act) and Information Privacy Act (IP Act);
- provides basic training for information rights practitioners and can also be useful as a refresher; and
- includes the production of a Certificate of Completion for successfully completing the course
What does the course cover?
Completion of the Right to Information Act general awareness training is a prerequisite to undertaking this course.
After completing this module, you will have an understanding of:
- receiving and assessing an application
- searching for documents, and
- assessing the charges.
The course should take on average between 30 and 45 minutes to complete.
Accessing the course
There are two options to access the course:
1. Single subscription - This option is for people who would like try the course out before making a commitment. Once you've completed the registration form, you can start training right away!
2. Enrol your staff - This option is for people who want to roll this course out to all staff in your organisation. You can create your account from scratch, or update your existing account by completing this simple application form.
Monitoring and reporting
Administrators who enrol and manage their staff are able to access the LearnForce LMS. The LearnForce LMS will enable administrators to manage their employees, and run reports on their organisation. This includes information on who has been assigned the course, started the course and who has successfully completed the course.
From time to time the Office of the Information Commissioner Queensland may access information from e3Learning on the name and location of purchasing organisations and the status of their participation, for example the number of courses purchased and their status. At no time will the Office of the Information Commissioner collect or receive information on the names of individual staff undertaking or registered to undertake the course.
Phone 1300 303 318
Fax 08 8221 6311
Details of the Office of the Information Commissioner's training services can be found at www.oic.qld.gov.au