Queensland - Public Health Agencies and the Information Privacy Act
Are you employed in Queensland’s Hospital and Health Services? Do you or your staff need privacy training that specifically deals with the National Privacy Principles?
The Office of the Information Commissioner (Queensland) has contracted with e3Learning Solutions to offer online training to anyone interested in learning more about information rights and responsibilities in Queensland.
The training course:
- the course is free of charge;
- is suitable for staff of Hospital and Health Services with responsibilities under the Information Privacy Act (IP Act), including staff of contracted service providers (organisations providing services to or on behalf of the Queensland government and contractually bound to comply with the IP Act);
- provides basic privacy training for staff and agencies unable to participate in face-to-face training. Also, for staff and agencies that require privacy training immediately (e.g. as an induction process) or as part of an annual compliance regime; and
- includes the production of a Certificate of Completion for staff successfully completing the course.
What does the course cover?
This course is suitable for all employees of health agencies (Queensland Health and the Hospital and Health Services) and for employees of their contracted service providers. It explains Queensland’s general privacy landscape, takes health agency employees through their privacy obligations contained in the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), explains how the National Privacy Principles operate, what steps to take to ensure compliance, and the consequences of non-compliance.
This course is designed for employees of health agencies as the content specifically deals with the National Privacy Principles relevant to health agencies. Anyone else interested in learning about Queensland’s Information Privacy Act 2009 should undertake the Queensland - Information Privacy Act course.
The course should take on average between 30 and 45 minutes to complete.
Accessing the course
There are two options to access the course:
1. Single subscription - This option is for people who would like try the course out before making a commitment. Once you've completed the registration form, you can start training right away!
2. Enrol your staff - This option is for people who want to roll this course out to all staff in your organisation. You can create your account from scratch, or update your existing account by completing this simple application form.
Monitoring and reporting
Administrators who enrol and manage their staff are able to access the LearnForce LMS. The LearnForce LMS will enable administrators to manage their employees, and run reports on their organisation. This includes information on who has been assigned the course, started the course and who has successfully completed the course.
From time to time the Office of the Information Commissioner Queensland may access information from e3Learning on the name and location of purchasing organisations and the status of their participation, for example the number of courses purchased and their status. At no time will the Office of the Information Commissioner collect or receive information on the names of individual staff undertaking or registered to undertake the course.
Phone 1300 303 318
Fax 08 8221 6311
Details of the Office of the Information Commissioner's training services can be found at www.oic.qld.gov.au